Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Stories for the Nerd (Yancey Lane)

Kindle Edition

This is a collection of short stories about Christmas.  And my goodness -- this proves that ANYONE can get what they've written "out there."

I used to volunteer at the school when my boys were young.  One of the things I did every year was to help the second graders during their write-a-book section.  They'd come up with five or six paragraphs of a story and I'd help them decide how to break it into a dozen pages, illustrate it, and bind it.  This reads like one of those second-grader's first drafts.  There are sentence fragments, misspellings galore, and storytelling like this (verbatim from the masterpiece Santa is an Alien!):

"Now I shared this secret what do you think."
I said "well it is hard to take, and this does seem a little far fetch."
He said "well get up and follow me."

F